[ic] detect successfully changed password

Russ Mann interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 16:59:00 2002

Hello List,

I did ask this question a long time back but havn't been able to find any
updates to IC to handle this:

On my change password page I'd like to conditionally display a "Change
password successful" notice when a password change attempt is successful.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?  Are there any session
variables I can access for this?

Someone suggested setting the old password into a scratch variable and then
doing a database lookup to see if the current password is same as old
scratched password.  Are there any better ways to do this?  It seems like
there could be some error in this method.

-Russ