[ic] detect successfully changed password

Tue Feb 26 17:29:01 2002

At 02:58 PM 02/26/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello List,
>
>I did ask this question a long time back but havn't been able to find any
>updates to IC to handle this:
>
>On my change password page I'd like to conditionally display a "Change
>password successful" notice when a password change attempt is successful.
>Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?  Are there any session
>variables I can access for this?
>
>Someone suggested setting the old password into a scratch variable and then
>doing a database lookup to see if the current password is same as old
>scratched password.  Are there any better ways to do this?  It seems like
>there could be some error in this method.
>
>-Russ

[userdb change_pass] is what is used in the demo for the password change
routines - I think it is actually called from within a profile; you'll need
to check. In any case, it returns logical true if successful and false if
failed, so you can use that result to conditional return alternate pages or
set a failed message in a scratch variable, etc.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax