[ic] Post-install problems

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jul 5 12:06:01 2002

At 01:32 AM 7/5/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Following install of 4.8.5, I am not able to enter either the customer area
>or the admin area. Browser reports permission problem:
>
>Forbidden
>You don't have permission to access /gem1.cgi/index.html on this server.
>
>This is most peculiar behavior; I know the gem1.cgi is an executable, but
>the link on the portal page makes it behave as a directory since the path
>shown in the error appears to be in a directory. I have enabled ExecCGI in
>the path where the catalogs appear. I made sure the interchange server was
>running. What else needs fixing?
>
>The URL is http://www.geminimanor.com/gem1/

Is Apache set to run cgi scripts right in your htdocs space? Because that
is how that path seems to be cofigured. Usually it would be like:

  http://www.geminimanor.com/cgi-bin/gem1.cgi/index.html

...with a separate cgi-bin directory on the server.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax