[ic] Multi-Page Checkout Form Help

Cameron interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jul 14 15:44:02 2002

Ed LaFrance wrote:

> Neither of your posts were particularly clear as to what the problem
> is, or even what you want to do, but if you want to attach some
> additional javascript to the Checkout button, I suggest you just copy
> the html output of the button tag in this situation, paste it into
> your page (and remove the [button] tag itself), and modify it as needed.
>
> - Ed L.

Sorry Ed, I was working till 3:00 in the morning and should have waited
to post to the list until I was more alert.

Anyways, for the checkout button on the shopping cart display page, I
would rather not use the button tag because there is additional code I
would like to include within the <input> tag.  The exact code is this::
<input type="submit" name="mv_click" value="Check Out" class="button"
onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='__BUTTON_OVER__';"
onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='__BUTTON_OUT__';">

The problem is that when using that code, the cart won't checkout to the
the following button code, the button goes to the correct page, but it
is missing the javascript that every other button on the site has:
[button
 text="Check Out"
 hidetext=0
 form=basket
 ]
 mv_todo=return
 mv_nextpage=ord/checkarea
[/button]

There is also an "Update Cart" button which I use to submit the users
changes to their cart (quantity, options) and the nextpage is
ord/basket.  So the crux of my problem is that using just html, I can't
get one form to have two buttons with nextpage's that are different, but
can with the button tag.  The button tag limits what I can do with the
input display however.  I'm sure what I want can be done somehow
strictly with html and no button tag, but I, (and apparently Paul Jordan
as well), can't figure out how.

Hopefully that cleared things up,
-Cameron