[ic] Multi-Page Checkout Form Help

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jul 14 16:11:01 2002

At 12:45 PM 7/14/2002 +0900, you wrote:
>Ed LaFrance wrote:
>
>>Neither of your posts were particularly clear as to what the problem is,
>>or even what you want to do, but if you want to attach some additional
>>javascript to the Checkout button, I suggest you just copy the html
>>output of the button tag in this situation, paste it into your page (and
>>remove the [button] tag itself), and modify it as needed.
>>
>>- Ed L.
>>
>Sorry Ed, I was working till 3:00 in the morning and should have waited to
>post to the list until I was more alert.
>
>Anyways, for the checkout button on the shopping cart display page, I
>would rather not use the button tag because there is additional code I
>would like to include within the <input> tag.  The exact code is this::
><input type="submit" name="mv_click" value="Check Out" class="button"
>onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='__BUTTON_OVER__';"
>onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='__BUTTON_OUT__';">
>
>The problem is that when using that code, the cart won't checkout to the
>the following button code, the button goes to the correct page, but it is
>missing the javascript that every other button on the site has:
>[button
>text="Check Out"
>hidetext=0
>form=basket
>]
>mv_todo=return
>mv_nextpage=ord/checkarea
>[/button]
>
>There is also an "Update Cart" button which I use to submit the users
>changes to their cart (quantity, options) and the nextpage is
>ord/basket.  So the crux of my problem is that using just html, I can't
>get one form to have two buttons with nextpage's that are different, but
>can with the button tag.  The button tag limits what I can do with the
>input display however.  I'm sure what I want can be done somehow strictly
>with html and no button tag, but I, (and apparently Paul Jordan as well),
>can't figure out how.
>
>Hopefully that cleared things up,
>-Cameron

You just need that mv_click in the input to reference the vars you want to
set (action, nextpage). This is fairly well documented:

<input type="submit" name="mv_click" value="Check Out" class="button"
onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='__BUTTON_OVER__';"
onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='__BUTTON_OUT__';">

[set Check Out]
         mv_todo=return
         mv_nextpage=ord/checkarea
[/set]

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax