[ic] Help, templates just disapeared

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jul 14 19:47:00 2002

> >Check this bit in theme.cfg, right at the bottom:
> >
> >##
> >## Here we pick up the region variables like LEFTONLY_TOP and
> >LEFTONLY_BOTTOM.
> >##
> >DirConfig Variable templates/__THEME__/regions
> >
> >This relies on THEME being set to the appropriate directory name; this is
> >set at the top of theme.cfg

> Checked it out, and everything is correct and as it always was.  One
> other thing that may or may not help is that when I go to "template
> edit" in the admin menu, it will correctly list the available templates,
> but the contents (top and bottom) are blank.  I can put text in there,
> but when I hit save, nothing gets saved, and the template refreshes and
> shows blank space again.  The original file is still there, so for sure
> nothing was saved.

Which original file? leftonly, leftright, noleft?

These files are really short as they call up other files in
<catroot>/templates/<THEME>/regions/ such as LEFTRIGHT_TOP. See why I wanted
you to check the setting of THEME?

> Here is what the error.log shows:
> /~toknowav/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/admin/template_edit search error: your
> search file a valid database reference, was 'backup'.

This is just a check for a backup file.

I'm off to bed now, but I think your problem revolves around a configuration
setting - I think you only started having the problem when you reconfigured
your catalog by hitting 'Apply Changes'.

If this is the case, the three places where your rogue setting is likely to
be are: catalog.cfg, theme.cfg or variable.txt (admin UI, Administration >>
Preferences).

Perhaps you could add the following to one of your pages and see what it
displays:

  My theme is: __THEME__

Jonathan
Webmaint.