[ic] Re: interchange-users digest, Vol 1 #1020 - 45 msgs

Fri Jul 19 10:05:00 2002

Quoting Paul J. Boyes (boyes@eskimo.com):
> Mike,
>
> Thanks I found the reference in template_edit.html.  I changed it to the
> products table and the error went away.  However, I am sure that is not
> what was intended.  Is there supposed to be a backup table in the db?
>
> Also, the template edit doesn't save your changes to the appropriate files.
>  From reading previous posts, it does not look like this has worked in
> quite a while.  Am I missing somehing here or does editing of templates
> through the admin section not work?

The page and template editing is not very good in 4.8, and we aren't
spending any more time on it. I did just fixe the "backup" table
bug for page_edit.

I thought template_edit worked, but I have not looked at it for a
long time, as I put my effort into making a whole new setup for
4.9/5.0.

The new scheme in 4.9 seems to work much better, but I haven't got
much feedback from people on it yet. There are a lot of people who
edit the pages by hand. 8-)

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence
is simplicity. -- Longfellow