[ic] A cry for help...

Andrew McBeath interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 24 21:27:01 2002

Ok guys,  heres a curly one:

I just moved a new catalog off our dev server onto the production
server.  URL changes aside, everything dropped perfectly into place and
seemed to run fine.  However, one bug has surfaced... when trying to
edit items with the admin (submitting item_edit.html), it throws the
following error:

Sorry, there was an error in processing this form action. Please
report the error or try again later.
(DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  parse error at or near "(" at
/usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 986.)

No error is posted in the error logs, but I have turned on debugging and
put some debug statements in DBI.pm.  These produce the debug log below.

As this does not occur on the dev server, I tried copying
/usr/local/interchange from the dev server on to the production server.
Still no dice...

So to sum up, I have copied:
/usr/local/interchange,  /var/lib/interchange, and the database.

It works on one machine, but not the other.
Other details are the same for both machines:
Interchange 4.8.3, Postgresql 7.2.1, Perl 5.6.0, Apache 1.3.26...

The one thing I can see may be different is the perl DBD::Pg.pm module,
as that is the one common thing which has not been copied... but on
inspection they are the same versions and appear the same.

Any ideas?  I'm fast approaching a deadend... :-(