FreeBSD Bug (Was: Re: [ic] IC 4.8.2 Segmentation fault and core dumped)

Joachim Schubert interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jul 30 05:52:03 2002

Joachim Leidinger wrote:

> That is fine to hear! But did you have any problem with IC and FreeBSD?
> Did you use FreeBSD 4.5 or 4.6 and are you able to go into the admin
> page (UI) and can you successfully use the button "Administration"?
> Without a "Internal Server error..." messages?

- 4.5-STABLE FreeBSD
- perl, version 5.005_03 built for i386-freebsd
- psql (PostgreSQL) 7.2
- Interchange version 4.8.5
- devel-server without traffic

I can use the UI -> Administration without errors.

I only load the UI with german (and english) locales - otherwise
the server seg faults and core dumped at startup.
----snip from ui.cfg-------
#include lib/UI/locales/*_*.cfg
include lib/UI/locales/de_DE1.cfg
include lib/UI/locales/de_DE2.cfg
----snip------------------

> There is a problem with the UI usertag version.tag to get the uid via
> [version extended=1 uid=1]. Stefan and I will debug if at thuesday and
> we want to try out the cause of that problem or so.
>
> I'm surprised because I asked all FreeBSD and IC users about their
> experiences and problems with IC running under FreeBSD and got no
> response. Only two persons I was in touch with me personally gave me
> feedback on this subject.

Sorry - i didn't read this before
and was in holydays and have to read a lot of mails....

Achim