FreeBSD Bug (Was: Re: [ic] IC 4.8.2 Segmentation fault and core dumped)

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jul 30 09:53:01 2002

Tim McCullagh wrote:
>>That is fine to hear! But did you have any problem with IC and FreeBSD?
>>Did you use FreeBSD 4.5 or 4.6 and are you able to go into the admin
>>page (UI) and can you successfully use the button "Administration"?
>>Without a "Internal Server error..." messages?
>

> I got a few error messages on all the versions.   In essence i had to
> shift the interchange/bin directory to /usr/local/interchange/bin path, as
> well as ensure all the permissions where set up correctly.   The other issue
> related to the tlink and vlink's.  From memory I had to create them
> manually on FreeBSD 4.5.

How did you install IC? With ./configure? As root?

>>There is a problem with the UI usertag version.tag to get the uid via
>>[version extended=1 uid=1]. Stefan and I will debug if at thuesday and
>>we want to try out the cause of that problem or so.
 >
> I didn't have any trouble at all with the UI.   Once I was able to start
> interchange, everything worked as I guess it should

> I will be reinstalling Interchange 4.8.X in the next few weeks on FreeBSD
> 4.6_p2.  I will document the install and any problems and fixes and post to
> the list.

I'm waiting for your results!

Thanks!

Joachim Leidinger

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]