[ic] automatic import recieved mail messages into interchange database?

Stefan Hornburg interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 8 07:01:02 2002

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 19:16:50 +0900
murahashi <murahashi@ayayu.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry that this message is not specific question but It may be nice idea
> for someone.
>
> At the actual online shop site, webmaster have to handle many emails from
> many customers about many product items.
> For example, asking about shipping date, asking specification of item,
> asking to return, questions abut miss-ordering, and so on.
>
> So, I would like to add email messages automatically into interchange
> database. Mail message should be add a record with some fields, such as
> email address, date&time, subject, body,.. into IC table.
> If we have this email message data-table, we will be able to search and
> reply easily very well.

Configure the MTA to deliver to a write to pipe connected to a script
in your favourite programming language which parses the email and writes
the database record.

Furthermore it is possible, to use Interchange's cron capability in 4.9.x,
but that would be not very efficient.

Bye
           Racke