[ic] mv_order_route problem..setup?

saso interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Nov 17 14:34:00 2002

> Saso,
>
> I think we all have extensive experience with order routes. Mike and I,
> and maybe a few others have posted more than enough info on your issue a
> few weeks ago. I also posted a how-to for multipage checkouts a while
> back, which touched on order routes a little.
>
> Beyond reposting the information that has already been posted, there is
> not much else we can/will do. If you are having alot of difficulty with
> this, given the information provided/posted, you may want to consider
> hiring a consultant to help you out on this one.
>
> I hire consultants frequently to get me past hurdles... it is just part
> of life.
>
> Paul

Hi,
Ordering consultant is a bit of problem since this shop is not commercial
and I do not have funds for it :) and in Slovenia where I live there aren't
any ...

But I have specific problems not the whole thing. I can understand the
basics behind it and for ex. I can setup the catalog.cfg routes without a
problem..

Problem is linking mv_order_route variable to Products... Basically how to
add a field to table products.txt - I've typed it in with TAB delimited but
after that I can not Reconfigure my catalog (apply changes)...
And after adding the filed (one I succede) would that be enough? Or do I
have to set something else too?

I found this document:
http://developer.akopia.com/minivend3/docindex/17.03.Custom_Order_Routing.ht
ml

but that's all.. It does not tell how to add field, metadata, etc... Just
the things in catalog.cfg which are clear to me..

So thanks again for trying to help me.
Regards,
Saso