[ic] Is Interchange right for me & UPS Online Tools?

gurs at sbcglobal.net gurs at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 20 17:50:46 EDT 2003

On 16 Jul 2003 at 15:46, jp at nuance9.com wrote:

> On 16 Jul 2003 at 12:38, gurs at sbcglobal.net wrote:
>
> > IC is not hard, it just seems that way because a lot of people consider it a simple
> > application like an Internet browser (which requires limited learning) when infact it is a
> > development platform along the lines of ColdFusion (which requires extensive learning
> > to get the most out of).
>
> G.S. -
>
> Thanks for the helpful answers.  I am going to try installing interchange on my shared
> account and see what happens - just for testing purposes for now.
>
> I have two more questions:
>
> 1)  You likened IC to a development platform.  Is it correct to assume that the best
> source of information on learning this platform is the docs section of the icdevgroup.org
> site?
>
> 2)  Are there any user forums for IC?
>
> Again, thanks for the help.
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Justin Pease
> N u a n c e   N i n e
> Web Usability, Development and Design
> www.nuance9.com

Sorry for the delay in getting back, I haven't a chance to go through my mailing lists
emails in days.

The docs section will get you started with the essentials learn from them first and then
start looking through the mailing list archives, they are the ultimate pile of knowledge
when it comes to IC, it just requires a lot of time and a lot of experimenting.

The docs from which I picked-up the most were the ictags, icdatabase, and
icadvancded.

Best Regards,
G.S.