[ic] a new 'we're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable' problem

James P. Kinney III interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Jun 21 20:41:01 2003

--=-zUD+F4bB/wmCNiluMsCu

Sorry for the top post. I wanted to leave the original intact.

The error message in the browser is telling you that the IC process is
not running at all. During the startup phase, something croaked and the
database likely did not get populated properly so the process never
starts.

Go to /usr/lib/interchange/bin and run (as root) the restart command
found there. It will show you each step it is doing. If the database
fails to get populated it will tell you which table had the error.
Compare your .txt file
(/var/lib/interchange/<catalog>/products/<table>.txt) structure to the
type> . A common error is to have too many characters in a field. The
insertion script won't truncate, it fails.