[ic] Has multipart/alternate generated by [tag mime header] been depreciated? (IC 5.2)

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Fri Sep 24 10:34:19 EDT 2004

At 05:08 AM 9/24/2004, you wrote:

>Has the "multipart/alternate" MIME type generated by [tag mime header]
>been depreciated?
>
>I want to generate HTML and Plain text e-mail. Previous posts state that
>using the [tag op=mime] Tag WITOUT
>attach_only=1 will generate a MIME type to multipart/alternate. This does
>not work in 5.2
>
>It appears that Interpolate.pm has been changed at some point a there is a
>straight assignment of
>   my $mime_type = "multipart/mixed";
>
>Someone has stripped out the if ($opt->{attach_only)) code? Has the option
>been depreciated?
>
>To fixed I have put back the old code segment into my Interpolate.pm but
>I'd prefer to use a release
>version of the file.
>
>Could someone please advise if it's has been depreciated (and what is the
>preferred way now), or if it is a,
>say it softly, mistake!
>
>Cheers
>Karl

I worked on this bit of code for the 5.2 release and added the attach_only
handling at that time; I think I did change the default mime type from
multipart/alternate to multipart/mixed. My primary focus was to get the
credit card attachment on order reports to take and retain a user-assigned
filename, which it was not doing consistently on all email clients before.

I'm open to suggestions on this - perhaps the mime type should be settable
in all cases.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax