[ic] Failed Payment Processing

Jon prtyof5 at attglobal.net
Fri Feb 11 13:20:34 EST 2005

> > On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Jon wrote:
> >
> > > This has happened a few times now and would like to figure out why.
> > > At this point I'm not sure which direction to begin looking.
> > >
> > > I see a double/duplicate charge for an order at the payment gateway
> > > (Echo) so I know the CC processing completes. And probably a resubmit by
> > > the customer to finally get the order through.  However, in the cart's
> > > error.log I see 'Safe: Real-time charge failed.' and 'Error during
> > > creation of order routing log' In the routing log file I see 'There was
> > > an error accepting payment: Real-time charge failed. Reason:'
> > >
> > > but no reason information provided. To me this seems like a disconnect
> > > between the payment gateway responding and IC waiting for a response
> > > such as a time out.
> >
> > Check the interchange-users list archives for "Perl signals problems"
> > and/or "PERL_SIGNALS" and "MaxServers". Most payment gateways are called
> > as a subprocess from Interchange, and sometimes there are signals problems
> > that cause the subprocess to die too soon. You can configure Perl and
> > Interchange to avoid the signals problems and often that makes such
> > mysterious errors go away.
> >
> > Jon
> >
> > --
> > Jon Jensen
> > End Point Corporation
> > http://www.endpoint.com/
> > Software development with Interchange, Perl, PostgreSQL, Apache, Linux, ...
> >

>     Appreciate the pointer Jon !!  Searching on  "Perl signals problems"
> yielded a number of hits and the information at this link seems most
> appropriate
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-March/018636.html
>
> The server is currently set in low traffic mode.  Based on my symptoms as I've
> described and from what I read at that above link in particular and other
> links referencing MaxServers 0  I think my first test is to change to RPC and
> set MaxServers 0.  Does that sound very reasonable in your opinion ?
> Since this problem is intermittent additional assurances are very welcome.
>
> Again thanks Jon
>
> Jon

     I've tried setting RPC mode and MaxServers 0 as described in the above link.
Not sure if it is fixing my duplicate charge/failed order problem because after
about 2 hours IC seems to die. I've followed some threads that indicate this
problem is caused by not setting MaxServers 0 (config below) though it
should be set.  Other then turning on debug is there some way to confirm
MaxServer is indeed 0 or could something else be causing IC to die when RPC ??

Variable   TRAFFIC  rpc

ifdef TRAFFIC =~ /rpc/i
Message RPC traffic settings.
PreFork             Yes