[ic] Empty mysql database?

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Wed Feb 23 15:11:45 EST 2005

I'm running Debian with mysql 4.1. makecat 'appears' to work - but when I'm
finished I can look at the mysql database and there is only one empty table and
nothing else.

I tried using the old_password type and I still get the same.

I can't get make cat to support it's logging feature (could it be the Debian
wrapper?).

My take is that makecat is broken - at least on Debian and I'm ready to do it
all by hand. Is the makecat.cfg read after the catalog creation?  Or better yet,
does interchange get any other config information outside of interchange.cfg and
it's includes when it starts?

I've started to create some documentation -- you can look at it at:

http://xtronics.com/reference/interchange.html

Feedback/criticism about this page is welcome (on or off list).

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    		       WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

Health tip #347:
When confronted with the urge to exercise;
simply lay down and wait for it to pass.