[ic] Catalog v.s. admin: locale change

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Mon Jun 25 16:01:48 EDT 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:48:00 +0200, Ton Verhagen wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>With every order we save the locale under which the
>order is placed. Doing so enables us to print the invoice
>(and packing list) in the customer's locale.
>
>Unfortunately one problem occurs:
>In the admin it seems not possible to change the locale on the fly.
>In other words the [setlocale] tag does not work....
>The only way getting the invoice and packing list print in the
>corresponding locale is to login with the locale set on the login page.
>
>What could we do in order to be able to print a bunch of invoices
>in one go, all with their own locale?

To show different currencies in the admin panel I add this:
[if-item-param currency_locale][setlocale locale='[item-param
currency_locale]'][/if-item-param]
within the loop that displays the [item-param total_cost] field.
The result is that each order on the order page will have its
own currency showing.

Maybe something like this would do for printing invoices?