[ic] Catalog v.s. admin: locale change

Ton Verhagen tverhagen at alamerce.nl
Mon Jun 25 17:53:55 EDT 2007

Quoting Lyn:
>On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:48:00 +0200, Ton Verhagen wrote:
>
> >Dear All,
> >
> >With every order we save the locale under which the
> >order is placed. Doing so enables us to print the invoice
> >(and packing list) in the customer's locale.
> >
> >Unfortunately one problem occurs:
> >In the admin it seems not possible to change the locale on the fly.
> >In other words the [setlocale] tag does not work....
> >The only way getting the invoice and packing list print in the
> >corresponding locale is to login with the locale set on the login page.
> >
> >What could we do in order to be able to print a bunch of invoices
> >in one go, all with their own locale?
>
>To show different currencies in the admin panel I add this:
>[if-item-param currency_locale][setlocale locale='[item-param
>currency_locale]'][/if-item-param]
>within the loop that displays the [item-param total_cost] field.
>The result is that each order on the order page will have its
>own currency showing.
>
>Maybe something like this would do for printing invoices?

Nope, that is what I meant to say.
I tried your suggestion before I posted to this list because
it does not work for printing the invoices. :(

Best regards,

Ton

--
Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness
Phone +31-40-2374381    info at alamerce.nl    http://www.alamerce.nl

eCommerce Solutions -- Consulting -- Website & Interchange Hosting