[ic] Homemonitoring front end

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Jun 6 11:53:53 UTC 2013

Quoting dev2 at adeux.net (dev2 at adeux.net):
> Hello,
>
> I am experimenting in using Interchange as the front end for a home
> monitoring system.
>
> It will be a very simple page with an HTML table and changes in
> status shown by changing CSS elements of the table.
>
> What I am thinking of, is using ITL to interpolate the correct CSS
> code based on the results of a query against a Postgres DB.
>
> Question:
>
> The bit I am struggling with is how to make the page 'volatile' - ie
> after every x seconds the page refreshes and requeries the DB.
>
> I would welcome suggestions as to how to implement this.

You can, of course, use the classic META tag:

That would cause the browser to refresh the whole page every fifteen seconds.

Depending on what you are doing, there are a number of JavaScript
possibilities as well. Nowadays, people tend to use AJAX types of
refresh where you just manipulate the contents of an HTML container of
some type.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.253.4194  <mike at perusion.com>

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently equipped fool. -- unknown