Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Avoiding the basket page after each item ordered -or- netscape suckage

******    message to minivend-users from Chris Rapier <rapier@psc.edu>     ******

Victor Nolton wrote:

> ******    message to minivend-users from Victor Nolton <ven@pragakhan.com>     ******
>
> I think in the past people just made the shopping cart in a hidden
> frame. I admit I love the way ColumbiaHouse.com does it. they update
> a small frame. it says how many items you have and what the last item
> is you placed in the basket.

The problem is that I'm not using frames *and* I have a 'cart bar' on
the top of the page which says how many items are in the basket and the
total.  Anyway, I go things working mostly except two problems.

First how I do it... I have the orderpage set to no_basket. The
no_basket.html page is
[bounce href='[history-scan exclude="^/ord|^multi|^/process|^/basket"
default=basket]'].

This automagically redirects the person to the last search page and
refreshes it which is what I want. However there are two problems...

1) If the user hits 'reload' then the search seems to be expired as the
user is told that the page "expired.html" does not exist. This is
problematic for me.

2) When the user is redirected back to the search page something has
happened to the variables in mv_searchspec. The structure of mv_search
spec is
mv_searchspec[0] = catagory name
mv_searchspec[1] = subcategory name

The subcategory name may have spaces in it like "Whole Wheat Crackers".
When I display that name with [value-extended name=mv_searchspec
index=1] I now see ".Whole" instead of "Whole Wheat Crackers". However,
this doesn't happen when the page is initially loaded - only when
bounced via the history-scan. Now, the really odd thing is that if I
look at the URL at the se it says /se="Whole Wheat Crackers".

So I'm at a loss here. Oh, ya know what is even better? Its only
happening under netscape. :\
In internet explorer it does exactly what I think it should do.
-
email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.

Search for: Match: Format: Sort by: