Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Avoiding the basket page after each item ordered -or- netscape suckage

******    message to minivend-users from Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com>     ******

Quoting Chris Rapier (rapier@psc.edu):
> > ******    message to minivend-users from Victor Nolton <ven@pragakhan.com>     ******
> >
> > I think in the past people just made the shopping cart in a hidden
> > frame. I admit I love the way ColumbiaHouse.com does it. they update
> > a small frame. it says how many items you have and what the last item
> > is you placed in the basket.
>
> The problem is that I'm not using frames *and* I have a 'cart bar' on
> the top of the page which says how many items are in the basket and the
> total.  Anyway, I go things working mostly except two problems.
>
> First how I do it... I have the orderpage set to no_basket. The
> no_basket.html page is
> [bounce href='[history-scan exclude="^/ord|^multi|^/process|^/basket"
> default=basket]'].
>
> This automagically redirects the person to the last search page and
> refreshes it which is what I want. However there are two problems...

I know I have mentioned this before. Put this in no_basket:

[tag op=header]
[/tag]

That should cause the order without any screen update at all.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman
-